How to Be In Your Body
How to Be in Your Body
One powerful tool for you to practice is Being In Your Body.
Many of us spend our lives popping in and out of our bodies. Whenever there is an uncomfortable feeling we 'POP!' out and watch our body being uncomfortable. This has the benefit of consciously removing us from the discomfort – even if we aren't aware of doing it consciously.
It also has the very big disadvantage of abandoning our unconscious mind and body. This means we lose our access to what is actually happening inside of ourselves and in the world around us.
When we live inside our conscious mind we step into a bland reality where, sure, we can't feel the pain and anger, but we also can't feel the joy and inspiration and excitement of living a life that is full and luscious and abundant.
Happily, it is easy to start practicing being in your body. Just do this:
1. Breathe in.
2. Breathe out and drop your awareness down into your belly and imagine what it would be like to be in your body feeling yourself breathing through your belly.
3. Ask yourself what the feeling feels like and notice where you have that feeling in your body.
4. Let that spot become your anchor for being in your body. When you can feel that spot, then you know you are in your body.
5. Breathe in, breathe out, relax.
6. Repeat throughout the day.
For some people, dissociation has become such a habit that they have no idea what it feels like to be in their body.
And for some people, they have a trauma that is so big – that they probably have no memory of – that they cannot associate for fear of the pain that it would cause.
If that's you, we can help. If you want to learn more about Sacred Physicality and living life lusciously, then come hang out with us on Super-Saturday. There's something special waiting for you there.
And if you're ready to create a life you love and a relationship that rocks we've got some golden nuggets that are going to rock your world.
Read Similar ArticlesPosted in: Uncategorized
Tagged as: God/ Divine/ Spirit, Healthy Living, Inner Peace, Mind-Body Wellness, Tools for Life Change